This is a simple and easy recipe for 9 egg tarts.
For 17 egg tarts, double the custard.
For the pastry shells, they are pretty difficult to make as well as time consuming, so we bought the shells/crusts from RedMan or Phoon Huat.
- 2 eggs
- 70gm caster sugar
- 150gm hot water
- 75gm milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of syrup (maple syrup or any other type but not honey..)
- 9 frozen puff pastry shells
Temperature for the oven: 220 – 225 degrees
- Pour the caster sugar into a bowl
- Add hot water and mix until the caster sugar dissolves
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and mix the milk together
- Pour the two mixtures together and mix again
- Next, add the syrup and mix
- Strain the mixture and pour into the frozen pastry shells
- Once all the crusts are filled with the custard, put them into the oven at the temperature of 240 degrees.
- Bake them until the crust is brown, and the custard is a little burnt (it should be bubbling); constantly check on them so that they would not be over-baked!
- Remove tarts from the oven to a wire rack
- Serve while it is crisp and warm!
Recipe estimated by Hadassah ☺︎
^^This is what it should look like when they are done!!^^ 😋 YUMMM ~
Enjoy baking 🥰